These terms and conditions of use govern the use by you ("you" or "your") of our website, www.wila.co.uk (the "Website"), operated by WILA Lighting Limited ("we", "us", "our").
We are registered in England and Wales under company number and our registered office is at Boston House, Grove Business Park, Downsview Road, Wantage, Oxfordshire OX12 9FF.
- Accessing the Website
Access to the Website is permitted when available and we will not be liable if for any reason our Website is unavailable, in whole or in part, for any reason, at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website at our sole discretion.
You are responsible for all activity that occurs using the Identifying Information issued to you and you may be held liable for losses incurred by you, us or any other user of or visitor to the Website due to any use connected with your code, whether that use has been made by you.
We have the right to disable any Identifying Information allocated to you, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Any content you upload to our Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and you grant us a perpetual irrevocable licence to use, copy, distribute, amend and/or disclose to third parties any such content for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. We have the right to remove any content you upload to our Website at our sole discretion.
We may suspend your use of the Website in circumstances where we are of the opinion that your continued use of the Website would cause us liability, would cause us to breach any law, endangers our systems or causes offence to or damages the reputation of any person. We shall not be liable to you in respect of any such suspension.
- Intellectual property rights
All material accessible on the Website is protected by copyright. You may view Website pages on screen and may print or download extracts of them for your own personal use or internal circulation within your organisation.
You may supply a copy of any such extract to any third party provided that:
- the extract is for their own personal use;
- the extract is not supplied as part of or incorporated in another work, website or publication;
- the extract is not supplied either directly or indirectly in return for commercial gain;
- you do not remove any copyright or other warning notices contained within the extract;
- the third party is not a competitor of ours, or an agent or employee of a competitor; and
- the third party is made aware that the source of the copy is this Website and that these terms apply equally to them.
You may use the results of any tool on our Website solely for the purposes of determining the specification of products you wish to purchase from us and/or for making a purchase from us.
No part of the Website may be reproduced, transmitted to, or stored on any other website or in any other medium without our express written consent.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
If you print off, copy or download any part of our Website in breach of these terms, your right to use our Website and any materials obtained from it will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
- Content of the Website
The content of the Website is for information purposes only and you acknowledge that it does not constitute advice on which reliance should be placed.
We will use our reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information on the Website is accurate and complete, but information is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis and we do not give any other express or implied promises about the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or usefulness of that information. The use of the Website is at your sole risk and our liability for any loss or damage whatsoever and howsoever arising as a result of your use or reliance on the information shall be excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
The Website includes content, services and hypertext links to websites owned, operated, controlled and/or provided by third parties ("Third Party Content"). Your use of any Third-Party Content may be subject to the relevant third party’s terms and conditions, and it is your responsibility to make yourself aware of those terms and conditions. We will not necessarily see or be aware of any enquiries that you submit to any third parties who provide Third Party Content.
We have no control over or proprietary interest in any Third-Party Content. We do not give any promises about the quality, security, accuracy or any other aspect of any Third Party Content and exclude any and all liability arising from your use of it.
We do not moderate any comments submitted by third parties to our Website and are not responsible for the content of any such comments. The views expressed in any comments submitted by third parties do not necessarily represent our views or values, and we will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by a third party.
- Changes to the Website
We aim to update our Website regularly. However, please note that any of the content on our Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We reserve the right to do any of the following, at any time, without notice:
- to modify, suspend or terminate operation of or access to the Website, or any portion of the Website, for any reason;
- to modify or change the Website, or any portion of the Website and any applicable policies or terms; and
- to interrupt the operation of the Website, or any portion of the Website as necessary to perform routine or non-routine maintenance, error correction, or other changes.
We assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alterations of user communications. We are not responsible for any technical malfunction or other problems of any nature including those involving a telephone network or service, computer systems, servers or providers, computer or mobile phone equipment, software or failure of email howsoever arising.
- Links to the Website
You may not create a link to the Website from any other website unless you have our prior written consent.
In linking to the Website from another website (the "Linking Website") you must not:
- replicate the Website in any way;
- give the impression that we recommend any properties, products or services other than our own;
- misrepresent the relationship between the Linking Website and us or present any other false information about us;
- impose any border environment or frame around the Website;
- use any of the trade names, marks or materials accessible on the Website without our express written permission; or
- create a link to the Website from a website that is not owned or controlled by you (except where using a function of our Website which allows you to share a link to our content on other websites).
We reserve the right to refuse permission to link to the Website or to withdraw permission that has previously been granted at any time, acting in our absolute discretion.
- Prohibited uses
You may use our Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Website:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way or to solicit personal information from anyone under 18 years of age or solicit passwords or personally identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- to harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users of the Website by electronic means for the purposes of sending unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- to transmit, or procure the sending of spam;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which:
- is inaccurate;
- expresses an opinion which is not genuinely held;
- contains any material which is defamatory or derogatory of any person;
- contains any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promotes sexually explicit material, violence, any illegal activity or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringes any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- is likely to deceive any person;
- is made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- is threatening, abusive or invade another’s privacy, causes annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety, is likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; and/or
- advocates, promotes or assists any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse;
- to use automate scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the Website; and
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Website in contravention of the provisions of these terms; and
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Website;
- any equipment or network on which our Website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- in submitting or uploading any material to our Website you will not impersonate any person, misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person, or give the impression that the material emanates from us (if this is not the case).
You warrant that you will not use the Website in any of the ways prohibited in this clause, and you agree that you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
- Our liability
The material on the Website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we hereby expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
We provide tools on our Website to assist you in making decisions as to the products you wish to purchase. These tools are provided for convenience purposes, are only intended as a guide to the solutions available only and are not intended to provide advice, to indicate the availability of any product or to create any form of obligation between you and us. Where these tools provide the opportunity to save your progress and return at a later time we exclude all liability for any loss or damage to saved data which may occur. We accept no responsibility for the results generated by these tools and you should not rely on them as a substitute for detailed design and/or advice.
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of this Website is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your own computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
Nothing in these terms shall not operate so as to exclude, limit or restrict our liability: for death or personal injury; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for damage suffered as a result of any breach by of the conditions as to title and quiet enjoyment implied by English law; under Part 1 of the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or for any other liability the exclusion or limitation of which is not permitted by English law.
The presence of a third party's advertising or other content on the Website does not in any way give rise to, or otherwise imply, a recommendation, endorsement or other representation on our part in respect of the third party's comments, products or services.
We reserve the right to change these terms at any time without prior notice to you. Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
If any provision of these terms shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
Any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to these terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law. You and we hereby accept the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.